Andy Chlebana C.E.P.C.
Upon completing an AAS in Culinary Arts from Joliet Junior College, Andy went to the Culinary Institue of America in Hyde Park to study baking and pastry. Andy began his career working for the Four Seasons Chicago focusing on fine dining desserts. His career has included positions at The Ritz-Carlton Amelia Island Grill Room, opening team of the Ritz-Carlton Washington D.C. and Pastry Chef/Corporate Account Manager at Albert Uster Imports, Inc. Andy has spent the last five years teaching baking and pastry at Joliet Junior College in Joliet, Il.
Accolades & Accomplishments
- 2011 Food Network Challenge, Sugar and Candy Fashion – 1st place
- 2011 ACF Cold Plated Desserts – Gold Medal
- 2011 US Pastry Competition – 4th place
- 2010 ACF Hot Plated Desserts Team USA Tryouts – Silver Medal
- 2010 ACF Cold Pastry Buffet Team USA Tryouts – Silver Medal
- 2010 US Pastry Competition – 3rd place
- 2009 ACF Category F5 – First Place, Silver Medal
- 2009 US Pastry Competition – 3rd place
- 2008 ACF Category P2 – First Place, Gold Medal
- 2008 ACF National Pastry Chef of the Year
- 2008 ACF Central Region Pastry Chef of the Year
- 2008 ACF Category F2 – 2nd place, Silver Medal
After graduating with a BFA in Painting and Drawing from The School of The Art Institute of Chicago, Nancy went to the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park to study pastry. Nancy began her career with a strong artisan bread focus, working at two bakeries on the east coast and subsequently in 1997 founded Red Hen Bread in Chicago. After several years of directing Red Hen Bread, Nancy transitioned into research and development for Red Hen Bread to concurrently pursue a career in education. She spent the next eight years teaching baking and pastry at Le Cordon Bleu in Chicago. Nancy is currently teaching baking and pastry at the College of Dupage in Glen Ellyn, Illinois.