Get your tickets now!
General Admission: $50
A three day pass to Pastry Live 2013. Admission includes Chef demos and admission to all competitions.
Student Admission: $30
A three day student pass to Pastry Live 2013. Admission includes Chef demos and admission to all competitions. You must bring your current Student ID to the event.
Check out the competition pages for the rules, and photos from previous competitions.
- The National Showpiece Championship
- The Chocolatier of the Year Competition
- The Signature Plated Dessert Competition
- The Art of Cake Competition
- The Student Chocolate Challenge
Pastry Live 2013 is August 25th – 27th, Sunday through Tuesday, at the Retreat at Perimeter Summit in Atlanta, Ga.
You’ve already met this year’s National Showpiece Championship team captains, but we’re proud to introduce the entire team!
- Team Captain Brian Donaghy, Chocolate Delivery Systems, Buffalo, NY
Ruth Bleijerveld, Benchmark Restaurant of the Canadian Food and Wine Institute at Niagara College, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON, Canada
- Team Captain Bill Foltz, L’Auberge Casino Resort, Lake Charles, LA
Arlety Estevez, L’auberge Casino Hotel, Baton Rouge, LA
- Team Captain Alexandre Henocq, Luxor Casino, Las Vegas, NV
Matthew Chamussy, Art Institute of California-Inland Empire, San Bernardino, CA
- Team Captain David Lewis, The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Denver, CO
Gonzalo Jimenez, Grand Hyatt New York, New York, NY
- Team Captain Maura Metheny, Norman Love Chocolates, Fort Myers, FL
Dan Forgey, Norman Love Chocolates, Fort Myers, FL
- Team Captain Jim Mullaney, J Mullaney Pastries, Atlanta, GA
Alex Hwang, Cherokee Town and Country Club, Atlanta, GA
- Team Captain Kelsee Newman, Sullivan University, Louisville, KY
Scott Turner, Sullivan University, Louisville, KY
- Team Captain Julian Perrigo-Jimenez, The Fairmont Hotel, San Francisco, CA
Andrea Alfaro, Carmel Valley Ranch, Carmel, CA
After much deliberation, our final competitors for the Signature Plated Dessert competition have been chosen! It wasn’t an easy task as over twenty talented chefs applied for just ten slots this year. But, the following will be competing on Monday, August 26th to see which of them has the top dessert:
- Nina Acosta, Hyatt Regency Denver, Denver, CO
- Charles Barrett, the Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta, Atlanta, GA
- Ami Dand, A Legendary Event, Atlanta, GA
- Virginette Fitzpatrick, University Club of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Joel Gonzalez, JW Marriott Las Vegas Hotel and Casino, Las Vegas, NV
- Jove T. Hubbard, David Burke’s Primehouse in the James Hotel Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Samantha Mendoza, Triniti, Houston, TX
- Thomas Raquel, Acadia, Chicago, IL
- Kayla Swartout, The Hermitage Hotel, Nashville, TN
Congratulations to each and we’re excited to have such a talented line-up this year! Keep an eye out for more information on each of them as we draw closer to the event.